Developing physical literacy is an essential part of healthy child development.
Workshops for Practitioners
Designed to help leaders in day care and day home settings develop physical literacy for the children in their care.
- Develop an understanding of what physical literacy is and why it’s critical to healthy child development
- Explore skill progression and ages as they relate to skill development
- Discuss the importance of play in the early years and how to assess and manage risk
- Understand the importance of connecting with nature and how to facilitate time in nature
- Learn how to motivate and build confidence in the early years
No two workshops look the same! When you contact your local Coordinator, we will get to know the needs of your group and customize the workshop from there. Pricing may vary in different regions of the province.
Our workshops are practical, hands-on learning opportunities. Each session includes research updates, opportunities to get active and experience concepts and ideas, along with facilitated discussion and opportunities to network.
Active Sessions for Kids
Contact your local Be Fit For Life Centre to see if they offer direct programming for children in early childhood. The Be Fit For Life Network works to build capacity of local practitioners delivering physical activity programming. If you’re looking for quality programs in your area, we will connect you with someone in your community who can help.